About Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre
Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre (BBC) is envisioned to be a state of the art incubation centre catering to the needs of start ups in the broad areas of Life Sciences
- The Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre (BBC) is an initiative of Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS), Dept of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka with a liberal funding support from Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. It is located within Bangalore Helix Biotechnology Park at Electronic City. The Centre is a world class Incubation Centre with Central Instrumentation Facility in a 10 Acre campus with total built up area of above 50,000 sq ft.
- The Centre is nestled between thriving Academic Institutions like Institute of Biotechnology and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Centre for Human Genetics and the upcoming area for anchoring Big Companies/MNC’s. Thus, the Centre provides a crucial link within the developing Bio- cluster, the Bangalore Helix Biotech Park.
- The Centre caters to the broad areas of Life Sciences i.e, Healthcare (MedTech/ Pharma/Bio-Pharma), Agriculture, Food/ Nutrition, Industrial Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology.
- Plug-and-Play modular incubation suites ranging in size from 200-600 sq ft with a flexible option of combining adjoining suites to bigger sized suites
- Geared to provide Branding, Funding and Networking Support, Uninterrupted Power Supply with UPS and DG backups and access to Central and Common Equipment facility.
- Availability of facilities such as Proteomics and Small Molecule Analysis Labs, Microbiology Labs, Molecular Biology Labs, Cell Culture Labs, FACS, Confocal Microscopy Facility, Histology Lab, Plant Tissue Culture Lab etc.
- Scientific and Technical support from scientists from IBAB & CHG who have been involved in setting up the instrumental facility.
- Support to build teams around promising live technologies and induce them to crystallize into venture so as to create a robust pipeline of Biopreneurs.
4 (1)(a) and 4(1)(b) OF Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre.